Thursday, April 28, 2011

"INDOOR POTTING CENTER"

Hey, hope you are having a good week. Today's tip is definitely my favorite when it comes to gardening in crazy weather. Not all of us have the luxury of a green house to do our seed planting. I used to get frustrated until I started this method...I turned my utility room into a potting center. Now, when the weather is horrible (like lately), I can still plant my seeds and garden and wash clothes! I purchased a Gardener's mat and I lay it over my washer and dryer so no dirt etc, goes into my machine. Also makes clean up a snap. Any spilt dirt gets put back into my soil container. The mats are convenient inside and out and great as a trunk protector when purchasing plants as well. To keep items organized my husband put up 2 shelves over my washer/dryer for my baskets. I like to keep my seeds, gloves, small shovel etc. in one basket and my laundry items in others. I put potting soil in a sealed container so it doesn't attract any unwanted guests. I use small pots for seeds until weather permitting they can get transplanted outside. They say gardening is very therapeutic for the young and old....and I say "no matter what the weather is...I still get to play in the dirt". Enjoy!

Hint: you can purchase mat at your local hardware store or online. Just make sure the one you choose is machine washable and a waterproof backing.

NEXT:  "Outdoor Gardening Tips"

Email me any gardening tips you'd like to share at cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com.
Have a Blessed day from our home to yours, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours