Wednesday, June 28, 2017

GLUTEN FREE PIZZA DOUGH

Hey everyone.....hope all is going well. Life has been a bit crazy on my end but as God always says...."He never closes one door without opening another". I've been on a mandatory weight loss by my sweet doc and needless to say a cooking blog has been a bit difficult for me. I've virtually had to re-vamp....re-purpose & re-think my recipes. Don't get me wrong....I still love butter....just a different amount these days! Due to my ankle injury in '07, I've had limitations to exercising and was extremely frustrated. Last year my sweet daughter Nichole gave me the best advice...."Mom make a journal...when you write down what you do and don't do, it becomes a reality and you can visually correct your mistakes." I seriously don't know what I would do without her. She has always been my strength and I hope I am hers as well.
As usual...I started out the New Year doing great....started and exercise routine that I could actually do with my "fused ankle". Thank God no one sees me exercising 'cause it's a bit funny at times. I slowly cut back on some things and I thought I was on the right path. I went to the doc in March and all you know what broke loose. I have a hard time admitting this but was 50 lbs. (when you abbreviate that word it doesn't hurt so much...just saying) "over the limit"....another way to word things so it doesn't hurt so much! My doc ran probably every blood test available and we came to the conclusion that my body doesn't digest sugar (Glucose intolerance). Oh my word...that crushed me.....it's only controlled by diet. I literally came home and threw out "mostly" everything I wasn't supposed to eat. When back early April for a follow up and wasn't too much of a change on the scale. So after a heart to heart conversation with my sweet doc, I decided to actually listen to him and do the right thing.
April of this year, on Easter day to be exact, I decided to start my "weight loss journal". I knew I couldn't do it alone so I recruited God as my "weight loss coach". This might sound odd but when you read my journal once my weight is off....you will see that every Sunday with Gods help, I give up something that I seriously love to eat. From April to now I have lost 11 pounds. My blood is better and I feel more energetic with my dietary change. I am not diabetic but cutting back on sugar was a huge success. I also found that I do better with Gluten Free products. Needless to say, I love pizza...making it...eating it...you name it...and this is one thing I did have to make healthy to keep in my diet. You would be surprised of how many products you already have in your cabinet are gluten free....cereals, etc. Gluten free items are a bit more to buy so needless to say I have been very "experimental". I have been testing/re-vamping recipes for the past couple of months and this is one that I cannot wait to share....it will definitely be repeated in my "Weight Loss Journal" and who knows what all I will come up with using this great tasting Gluten Free Pizza dough.  As always....thanks for letting me share my story and wish me luck on this long weight loss journey!

Blessing from my Home to Yours,
Cat
                 "GLUTEN FREE PIZZA DOUGH" W/HOMEMADE PESTO SAUCE"

2 cups Gluten Free all purpose flour
1 pkg.active dry yeast
1 tsp. salt
2 TB.. sour crème (low fat)
1 1/2 TB melted butter
2 TB extra virgin olive oil (I use smooth)
1 cup warm water
*Combine flour, yeast, salt in large mixing bowl. Blend well.
Add sour crème, butter, olive oil and warm water....mix evenly and using hands combine and form dough into a ball. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 30-40 minutes.
*Here's the trick to the dough....cut a large piece of parchment paper and drizzle a TB of olive oil on it and sprinkle Italian Seasoning on the parchment paper. This will give your crust a unique flavor. Lay your dough ball on top and gently spread on the olive oil....flip and gently spread out....starting at center and gently form crust into the pizza size you desire. Lay parchment paper w/ dough on pizza pan.
*Bake at 450* for about 10-15 minutes (ovens vary) crust will be golden brown.
Remove and continue with my "Rustic Italian Pizza" or prepare one of your favorite recipes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours