Sunday, September 3, 2017

Cats "HEARTY 3 BEAN SOUP-3 WAYS"

Hey everyone....hope all is well and hopefully enjoying a restful labor day weekend. Well it's a beautiful Sunday morning and if you've been following me lately, it's a day that I "give-up" something that I truly love to help me loose weight. I decided yesterday (at my grandsons Lego birthday party) that it would be pizza (if it's not my own healthy pizza/gluten free pizza) I wanted to have the majority of my weight off by September and I am only down 11 pounds. I look as it as that's one 10 pound sack of potatoes that's off my body! Sometimes ya just need to laugh! I've been cooking/eating healthy, exercising and it's still a journey. I'm even "tweaking" my own recipes and making them "healthy-r". This bean soup recipe has been a staple in my home for years. In fact, we eat it all year round! I've done some "tweaking" and you can't tell the difference at all. It's "healthy-r" and so fast and versatile to incorporate leftovers into another meal. Hope you enjoy!

"Blessed Cooking from my Home to Yours"
Cat
cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com

Ingredients...
1 pound lean ground Turkey
1 Bell pepper (chopped)
1/2 Red onion (diced)
2-3  cups Low sodium Chicken Broth
1 (10 oz) can mild Rotel (do not drain)
1 15oz. Bush's black beans (rinse/drained)
1 15 oz. Bush's great Northern beans (rinse/drained)
1 16 oz. Bush's Pinto beans (rinse/drained) yes I am a Bush's fan!
1 8 oz.Tomato Paste (Basil, garlic, oregano)
2 Tb. Tomato Paste
Seasonings...taco seasoning, garlic powder, chili powder, dry ranch dressing

Ground meat, bell pepper, onion in large pan seasoned with 1-2 Tb Taco seasoning and 1 Tb garlic powder.
Drain excess grease and add Tb. Tomato Paste. Blend well.
Add Chicken Broth, Rotel, all drained Beans, tomato sauce....combine well
Season with 1 tsp..Chili powder, 1 Tb. 2 Tb. Taco Seasoning and 2 Tb. dry Ranch Dressing
Blend well and simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Hint...longer it simmers the better the flavors have a chance to incorporate.
Serve with cornbread if desired.

Tips....recipe freezes well and you can easily double for a large crowd.

*Healthy Tortilla Soup.....serve soup as above with crumbled Healthy Tortilla Chips on top!
*Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup....prepare soup as above but before you simmer ADD 1 cup of cooked shredded Chicken then simmer for 30 minutes. Add more Chicken Broth if needed.
Dollop with some "fat-free sour crème and sliced avocados....makes a pretty presentation when serving for guests.
hint....I love to buy a rotisserie chicken if I'm in a rush or having a busy week. I shred it up and divide in freezer containers to combine in my soups and when I'm doing enchiladas or casseroles.

Hope you enjoy and wish me luck on my "weight loss journey"
More healthy recipes coming soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours