Wednesday, January 17, 2018

CATS CRAVING BUSTERS!

Hey everyone....hope your new year is off to a great start! I don't know about you but I'm having difficulty getting back on the "diet train" again. My body got used to the wonderful holiday meals & reality kicks in pretty quick when starting again. I've been working on a weight-loss journal so I actually had to go back & read my own craving buster tips. So I thought maybe some of you might be struggling like me so thought I would share some tips. Hate to admit it but I still have 30 pounds to loose so if you have any tips to share with us please email them. As always, consult your doctor before any diet....mine actually helped me tremendously last year with recognizing that my body doesn't digest sugar...not diabetic but it has really helped watching my sugar intake and he also had me read up on foods with hidden sugars. Great tip to read up on the internet when you have time...you will be surprised. Anyway, these are my tips that work for me and would love to hear from you with yours.  Enjoy!
If you're a quilter follow along on my blog below for some exciting designs to make this year. Great gifts along with easy time-saving techniques!

Blessings from my Home to Yours,
Cat
cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
Facebook...I heard it through the quilt-vine
www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com

                                                                                 
                                               "Healthy Snack Tray"
*As you can see the term "outta sight outta mind" plays in hand....my healthy go to snack tray is a centerpiece on my kitchen counter. Recently had guests for the Holidays and I found them all gravitating to my "centerpiece" during meals. Even my sweet grandson enjoyed it! Needless to say I didn't tell them why it was there but it did make me feel good knowing that it does work for everyone. For me...it's all about training my mind to think healthy while snacking. We all have those cravings between meals so here's some tips that I do to help....
*When I WANT something that I SHOULDN'T....I tell myself is it really worth that extra time exercising to burn off the calories....oh my word....99% that really works ;-)
*Recently I've tried "Brushing my teeth"....seriously....something about the toothpaste stops a sweet tooth and how can you go wrong with fresh breath & better dental visits!
*In my Fridge....I have a low sugar "protein shake" that I can just sip on to help....I do a chocolate flavor and it really helps. Also, I have boiled eggs....petite carrots....even boiled lima beans....don't laugh but they are really good cold and full of protein. A colander with washed fresh fruit easily accessible is a must for me....keeps me from grabbing something I shouldn't. If you're not lactose intolerance try those "babe bel or laughing cow cheese that are low cal or fat free...they will help fill you up between meals.
*Cook and cut up some chicken and have in containers for those on the go trips....you wont be so tempted to stop at a "drive though" :-) Also, bag up some healthy walnuts....if you're like me the "crunch" will satisfy you and you wont want those lovely fries!
*Make your own protein bars to control your sugar intake (I'll be posting mine soon)....individually wrap them and store in a container for those grab n go moments we all have.
*Plan your meals for the week before grocery shopping. My daughter recently shared this tip with me and I have to say her family looks wonderful plus she's been saving money on her grocery bill. Most of all don't shop hungry...oh my gosh that's my biggest mistake. It's true when you are full you are less likely to purchase those tempting snacks for on the way home (not like I do that) :-)
*Pick 2-3 outfits that you want to wear again & make them a focal point in your closet. When you get a craving go look at them and "trust me" you'll want to grab a healthy snack. Take a pic of them (cell phone)so if you're at work or on the go you can still keep yourself focused. Also, have a pic on your fridge...."focal pic that I like to say"....I have one of me when I was a bit on the "lighter side" ;-)
*Have an "Exercise Buddy" that inspires you....mine is my Daughter Nichole....she's always kept me emotionally on track and now physically. She recommended me to have a weight loss journal which has now led to my weight loss recipes. Writing down what I eat make me realize my good and bad points. Everybody is busy these days but you would be surprised of how just a few positive words from someone helps keep you on track. Exchange cell numbers for those quick "text me ups" when needed. Don't hesitate to ask someone...they will be flattered that you asked plus what a positive reinforcement for them for working so hard and setting a great example.
*If you're like me and you are the only one in the household that needs to loose weight then take the time to pre-cook your healthy meat your way. Freeze safely and take out ahead of time to prepare along with your family meals. It's all about taking the time for yourself!
As always....reward yourself for doing good....you're doing this for you and your family! Wish me luck and share any tips you may have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours