Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"SPINACHE W/ MANDARINE ORANGES"

Hey, hope everyone is doing well. Woke up to sleet and ice here. I had a great comment on the sweet potato fries. My daughter had seen them being served in the school cafeteria. Glad to hear that! I have to tell you, I am not a sweet potato fan but I love the fries. Today's recipe takes five minutes to prep before serving. A healthy side and eye apealing as well when entertaining. I am going to share an email from my mother-in-law "Ann" on food moods instead of a Design tip. Her son and I laughed while reading this email...just gotta love her!

INGREDIENTS: baby leaf spinache leaves
large can mandarine oranges (drained)
Poppy seed dressing
1 cup of pecans

In a serving bowl mix enough poppy seed dressing to coat spinache leaves. Add drained mandarine oranges and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Mix well. Garnish with 1/2 cup of whole pecans. Easy and delish!

FOOD MOODS:  "our mood dictates what we eat" Don't continue to read if you don't have a good sense of humor. My husband and I are "crunchy people" we love texture when eating. Yikes!
If you crave tough foods, like meat, or hard and "crumchy foods", you could be feeling angry.
If you crave sugars, you could be feeling depressed.
If you crave soft and sweet foods, like ice cream, you could be feeling anxious.
If you crave salty foods, you could be stressed.
If you crave bulky, fill you-up foods, like crackers and pasta, you could be feeling lonely and sexually frustrated.
If you crave anything and everything, you could be feeling jealous.
Wow....I told you not to read if you didn't have a good sense of humor. Seriously, this was in a newspaper and written by a best selling author. States by feeding our souls with things other than food we strengthen our self-control and our physical and mental health. Hmm...I wonder why she sent this to me :-)

TOMORROW:  sorry..."Italian Pasta Salad"

Keep the tips and questions coming.
Email Cat @ cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com for Design q's
Mark: mrowe@roweandcampbell.com New Construction/Remodeling q's
http://www.roweandcampbell.com/
George: 1sthomebuilder@sbcglobal.net Realtor/Construction q's

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours