Sunday, December 31, 2017

"CATS TEXAS STYLE NEW YEARS BRUNCH"

Hey everyone....hope you are having a wonderful Holiday season. It's already New Years Eve and I don't know about you but 2017 flew by for me. I just had a wonderful Christmas with my family and feeling blessed for the time that we shared together. I wanted to share my family tradition that I make for New Years brunch but have to day it's so delish that I make it all the time. It's a great casserole dish to take to a pot luck or any type of gathering. Fast & easy to do. You can substitute the milk and cheese to make a low calorie casserole as well. I hope you enjoy the "smell" your kitchen has while it's baking. If you have "over nighter's" for the holidays this is an amazing smell for them to wake up too. Wish I had a pic to share but it never lasts that long to take one! Wishing everyone a safe and blessed new year!

Blessings from my Home to Yours,
Cat
cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com

Ingredients:
1 pkg. fresh or frozen tamales (10-12) beef or pork
1 10 oz. can of Rotel ( I use mild)
1/2 cup milk ( I use low fat)
6 medium fresh eggs
1 8 oz. pkg. shredded Fiesta Blend Cheese

This is all you do..
Spray a large casserole dish.
Layer tamales in dish (remove husks) not that I've forgotten before :-)
Mix well milk, eggs & Rotel thoroughly and pour over tamales

Bake at 375* for approximately 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked  (ovens vary)
Remove and sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake just until cheese is melted
Cut and serve with a dollop of sour crème if desired.
Note:...I don't add any other seasoning due to the spices already in the tamales and the spices in the can of Rotel. Add more seasoning if you desire. This is also a great "left over lovin" breakfast to use up those extra tamales when entertaining. The smell is amazing! Enjoy!

I will be posting Healthy Recipes this upcoming year....so follow along ... still have some weight to "remove" but feeling and doing better. "Power of Prayer". If you're a quilter follow my blog above for some fast ideas this coming year!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours