Saturday, January 20, 2024

"Cats Creamy Chicken Soup w/drop Biscuits..!"

 Hey y'all...hope your weekend is off to a great start. I know a lot of us are dealing with crazy cold weather, so I wanted to share this family favorite recipe. I love making this recipe any time but especially when the weather is cold. It's super easy to make...easy on the budget and you can "sneak" a veg in for the kiddos. We're kind of basic on the veggies...it's mostly corn...carrots but tweak recipe to your family's needs. It will serve 3-4 easily but you can adjust amounts to accommodate a larger crew. While this is simmering the smell will warm you up a bit. Might even bring home some memories of Omas "Chicken and Dumplings." Yes...they were in the kitchen all day prepping but sorry y'all...this is made with a store-bought rotisserie chicken. Yup...super easy. Here's a hint...if you quietly ask your deli section for a "fresh cooked rotisserie chicken"...you just might get one hot right off the rotisserie! Sure, makes peeling it a lot easy when it's warm. I asked the other day, and nobody was around me...then he came back with my "hot bird", and I heard voices behind me "can i have one too." Needless to say, "I boogied." They do like to sell the ones already wrapped first although you can ask for the time when it was wrapped. O.K. enough of my O.C.D. with chicken :-) Oh if you haven't heard.....my discount link w/ Missouri Star Quilt co. is good for all month long. No longer a 1 x use. Oh my gosh...that's exciting plus they have daily deals on their site. I fully recommend signing up for their email so you can catch their special savings. My direct link is upper right on home page, and you will see me discount code and checkout to apply. Well, we have a lot going on this year and I appreciate y'all following me too. Remember do what you love whether it's cooking, sewing, crafting. Take time for yourself. I totally believe in "thread and fabric therapy." Helps me tremendously...even if it's just a minute or two. Take care y'all & be safe!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you need...

* 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (already cooked)

* 1 pkt. Herb ox sodium free chicken bouillon mixed w/2 cups warm water.

* 1 (10.oz ) can Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup

* 1 (15 oz.) can Del Monte Fiesta Corn (don't drain)

* 1 cup chopped carrots or your favorite veggies

* 1 can Grands Southern Homestyle Biscuits

* Pinch of humor! :-)

Here's all you do...

* In large non-stick stock pot heat on low-medium heat the shredded chicken, broth. veggies, cream of chicken soup & mix well.

* Bring to a medium boil then reduce heat and simmer until veggies are tender. 

* Then bring back up to a medium boil and "drop tiny pieces of biscuits" in....reduce heat and cook for about another 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.

Tip...keep checking to see if you need to add more broth while the biscuits are cooking. The biscuits will give your creamy consistency that we all love so much in "Chicken and Dumplings."

Serve with a side salad or your family's favorite.

This recipe freezes well but you need to add more broth once it's thawed when re-heating.

Enjoy & talk soon,

Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours