Saturday, January 13, 2024

"Wishing us all a "Soup-r Year w/ Cats Spanish-Style-Soup!"

 Hey y'all...hope all is well and the weather is being kind in your area. I watch the weather channel every morning while doing my morning stretches. Funny how words change as you get older. Now it's called "stretches" :-) Anyway...when I think my weather is rough, I just look at what's going on in the world. Oh, my goodness...I survived -10 (one winter) in Indiana and that was enough for this Texas gal. Wow...that was the craziest winter for me and now the northern states are embracing for a doozie. I know when the weather is cold, I always gravitate to a hot soup. Not only is soup usually light on the budget but it's convenient for a hectic night as well. Most recipes you can let simmer while you tackle your tasks or even slow cooker friendly. Either way I'll be sharing some of my family favorite soups that are budget friendly and timesaving too. I love to cook mine slowly in my Cuisinart stock pot (5qt) but you adapt to your family's needs. Also, I have promised y'all more "home decor" projects so pop on over to my quilting blog for some exciting patterns/projects that have already started. With this crazy weather it sure makes staying in crafting/sewing/quilting. Plus, you can save 15% on supplies with my link from Missouri Star Quilt Co. (1 x use in January) and link upper right on home page for your convenience. Trust me whatever your crafting needs are I'm sure you can find it on their site. While you are enjoying their site please check out their "Summer Strolls Tripple Play" B.O.M. Oh my goodness y'all it is stunning. My post on quilting blog just might get you excited as me :-) My discount does not apply towards the monthly B.O.M. but sometimes ya just need to treat yourself. I've learned life is too short and sewing/quilting makes me happy plus I'll be making it as a gift. Win..win...for me...Christmas gift starting in January! Yup...first of many y'all. I promised you so keep following. I'll be posting fun & easy projects along with recipes to help with those hectic evenings. As always, I thank you so much for following & wishing us all a "Soup-r 2024!" 

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSCQ

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you need...

* 1/2 of a store-bought rotisserie chicken (shredded)...theirs your time-saver folks!

* I Knorr Spanish Rice pkt.

* 1 pkt. Herb ox granulated chicken (sodium free bouillon) whisk w/ 2 cups hot water.

* 1 10oz. can Old El Paso red enchilada sauce

* 1 16oz. can Bush's best chili beans (mild)

* 1 16oz. can Bush's best black beans (drained)

* Pinch of love

Optional topping but d'lish........crumbled queso fresco on top or sour creme.

Here's all you do...

* In medium stock pot spray bottom w/cooking oil. On low heat warm chicken if needed.

Stirring constantly. 

* Add in chicken stock & Spanish rice pkt. (enjoy that smell as the seasons come 2gether)

* Stir well on medium heat until it comes to a light boil.

* Add in enchilada sauce...beans & mix well.

* Heat on low for a least 30 minutes. 

Note...rice will absorb liquid while it cooks so add more broth while cooking.

* You can add more seasoning if desired but the Spanish rice pkt has seasonings so taste as it cooks.

Crumble queso fresco on top just before serving. Corn bread is a great compliment for this recipe :-)

Enjoy!

Tip...if you have leftovers, you might notice that you no longer have liquid. The rice continues to absorb liquid but here's the fun....you now have a great filling for a burrito. Or just add more broth when heating but sometimes I love a great burrito filling :-)

Talk soon,

Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours