Friday, September 27, 2019

PUMPKIN-SPICE CRACK.....oh d-lish!

Hey everyone....hope all is well and you're ready for the weekend. I recently posted pics of this "pumpkin-spice crack" without the recipe. Well.....it was because I was still in the testing process. Needless to say....I've probably gained a "few pounds" but I believe it's time to share :-) I did make another batch using less butter and I feel it was a bit better.....I did spread it a little thinner....made it a bit more crunchy....other then that....it still came out wonderful (I think anyway). I received some emails about subbing out white choc instead of dark choc and why I added the pumpkin puree. I honestly hate to admit this....I added the pumpkin puree to add a bit healthy twist to my all time favorite holiday candy. Plus I'm a pumpkin spice everything kinda gal :-) Anyway, let me know if you put your own spin on this recipe....I'll be happy to try yours :-)
Oh....it's Friday....and that means pizza night in my house....I'll be doing a twist on my favorite pepperoni pizza....wish me luck and will share if all goes well :-) Enjoy your weekend!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,
Cat
email q's....cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com
Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

Here's all you do....

Pre-heat oven to 350*
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
Lay 1 -2 pkgs (sleeves) of graham crackers (broken in half)

In a non-stick sauce pan (I keep one just for candy) melt following stirring constantly until sides break away over medium heat
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup pumpkin puree ( I use Libbys 100% pure pumpkin)
3/4 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice ( or to taste)
pinch of salt

Once all is heated & pulls away from sides of pan (be careful...it's hot)
then pour over graham crackers and spread evenly ( I tried spreading thin and thick....works either way) thin is a bit more crunchy and heavier spread is more chewy....don't think you can go wrong :-)
Place in pre-heated oven for about 4-5 minutes (watch carefully....ovens vary)
Remove from oven & turn oven off
Top with your favorite candies....I sprinkled the following. Didn't measure out, just had fun!
*Dark-chocolate chips
*Butter scotch morsels
*Bits of Brickle
* Candy corn
Seriously, I think you could add nuts...pretzels....candy...whatever your family likes :-)
Return back to over for about 4-5 mins or until slightly melted

Let cool....and you can flash freeze if you need it to set up.
I freeze for about 10 minutes....then place on a plate and into a freezer bag before giving as gifts....that way friends can freeze until ready to eat :-)
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours