Sunday, November 6, 2022

"Tis the Season 4 Pancakes"...Cats Banana Nut Pancakes!

 Hey everyone...hope y'all are having a great weekend and enjoying some fall-ish weather. In Florida it's hard to decipher seasons so when the wind blows a bit this time of year, I tend to get a little excited. I do miss seeing the leaves changing and Pine Trees in Texas. I've gone from decorating with orange pumpkins to blue and white pumpkins and somehow that doesn't seem right. :-) But there's one thing in common no matter what state you live in is everyone loves pancakes. My family especially! My grandson Davin loves making pancakes with me and coming up new ways to create them. We all know from previous posts that I've been working on his "cookbook" that he requested for Christmas. I've been "tweaking my recipes" cause he requested then healthier. Well quick questions...have you seen posts lately? Exactly! I'll be honest...this has really been a challenge for me...but I accepted his challenge. But I've decided to do a "contribute" to what he loves with a "healthi-er" twist. Yes...pancakes! I can't go wrong, it's his favorite and what "college student" wouldn't want pancakes for dinner when studying. My thought is...he's only 12 so I've got plenty of time to tweak my recipes and we can just add them into the cookbook as needed. Also, he would be proud of me...I've made these pancakes "gluten free & used egg whites." I love how he's so healthy at such a young age. I can honestly say "he's inspired me to change my cooking habits!" When things get a bit caught up on my end...we've been dealing with "Hurricane weather", I'll post pics of him making my late dear dads omelet recipe. I'll be printing that pic along with the recipe for his cookbook. I'm so pleased that he wants my recipes because who knows when I'll be gone :-( and what a sweet way to always feel connected to your loved ones. I hope I've inspired you to share your families' recipes and possibly create a cookbook as well. So, on that note let's get this Pancake season started!

Oh, pop on over to my quilting blog if you want to make a "Pumpkin Spiced Latte' Trivet" for your Fall breakfast entertaining. Fun/easy & makes a great gift too!

www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

Facebook & Pinterest


Here's all you need...

* 1 cup King Arthur Gluten Free All-purpose baking mix

* 1/4 cup milk ( I use 2%) 

* 2 TB egg whites (equals 1 egg)

* 1 TB agave nectar

* 1/2 tsp. banana extract ( I use McCormick)

* 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (McCormick)

* 1 ripe banana (smashed w/a potato smasher or fork)

* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

* 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

* 1 cup of chopped walnuts or your desired nuts

Bonus...Smuckers Sugar Free Caramel Sundae Syrup :-) Optional but so d'lish!

Here's all you do...

In a mixing bowl...sift together your dry ingredients and set aside. 

In a large mixing bowl smash your bananas and whisk in your egg whites then add in rest of wet ingredients and mix together by hand into all incorporated. 

Now mix in your dry ingredients until all incorporated. (do not add nuts)

* Preheat your non-stick skillet with 1 Tb unsalted butter on low-med heat.

* Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup...scoop pancakes onto skillet...about 2 at a time...lightly press flat with a spatula and then sprinkle the top with walnuts. Flip over when golden brown.

Tip...this is a thick batter...if you'd like thinner just add a bit more liquid (little at a time) 


Makes about 6 medium sized "rustic pancakes"

Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle more walnuts on top if desired. Enjoy!

Check back soon for more healthi-er pancakes and a fun & easy sewing/quilting project to serve along with your Holiday Entertaining!

Talk soon, Cat





No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours