Wednesday, November 23, 2022

"Cats FUN-Green Bean Casserole"

 Hey everyone...hope your week is going great & your "Thanksgiving Menu" is coming along. Well, if you want to change it up a bit, I have the recipe for you. We all know that I've been working on my grandsons Davin cookbook for Christmas. So, I decided to "put a little fun" in a side dish that we all know and love so well. I know a green bean casserole is a much on our Holiday menu, but I had to put a spin on it. You know me! He loves "funyuns" and unfortunately has his Gege addicted to them too. But it's the Holidays and this is when we can splurge a bit but still keeping with the tradition as well. So, I decided to add a little "fun" in the classic green bean casserole by using a bag of "funyuns" instead. I have to say that I'm not too sure I'll make it any different now. It's d'lish and still gives you the classic casserole taste but with a bit more of a crunch. If you love "funyuns" please give this a try. Plus, what a "fun" way to get your kiddos involved in the kitchen. They will be surprised when you pull out a bag of funyuns. I know seeing a kids face light up during the Holidays makes me happy! Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com


Tip....you can follow the traditional recipe and then sub the "funyuns" or make mine recipe below...remember fresh beans is always best but with the Holiday rush I love the cans :-)

Here's all you need...

* 2 (14.5) cans of French style green beans (Del Monte-drained)

Note...if you use fresh it's about 2 cups of already "cooked" green beans :-)

* 1 (10.5) can of cream of chicken soup (or mushroom soup

* 1/2 to 3/4 cup of low-fat milk or your desired liquid

* 1 (2 oz.) bag of "Funyuns" (reserve a few to crumble on top before serving for that extra crunch!

* salt/pepper to taste

Here's all you do...

* Preheat oven to 350*

* Butter bottom and sides of a casserole dish and place on a baking pan...set aside.

* In a large bowl whisk soup with milk until creamy & season as desired.

* Fold in "drained" green beans. Mix until combined.

Now the "FUN" begins!

* On bottom of casserole layer a few funyuns...

* Spread 1/2 of green bean mixture

* Layer a few more funyuns

* Rest of green bean mixture

* Now top of the casserole with the "funyun rings" in a decorative manner.

Note...remember to leave a few back to "crumble " on top right before serving. This part is super fun for the kiddos :-)

* Cover tightly w/ aluminum foil and poke about 4 tiny holes in foil.

* Bake about 30 minutes or until cooked through (ovens vary)

I love this casserole...the funyuns become one with the soup when cooking and you get an extra creamy onion flavor. I hope you enjoy this recipe, and it becomes a new "tradition" for your family during the holidays. Seriously...anytime...great way to get the kiddos to eat their veggies :-)

Stay safe & check back soon for more recipes!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours