Sunday, March 26, 2023

"Cats Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup"

 Hey y'all....hope you're having a great weekend. I shared on a previous post "Eating for 2 is easy 2do w/Purdue" & here is one of my recipes after baking the chicken breasts. I'm all about time-saving recipes these days & this one is easy and d'lish. I make this recipe all year but with this crazy weather lately I'm sure a warm bowl of soup just might be nice. It's definitely freezer friendly if needed or easily doubles for a crowd. I know my grandson is excited to have this one in his "cookbook."  I still get tears when I think of him going off to college. But he's already 12 so time does fly by to fast! Well...I made this in a "stock pot" and did let the soup simmer for a while before adding the noodles. Sometimes I just enjoy the smell of something cooking. It's a vary "hearty" recipe & I usually just serve with Ritz crackers  but adjust the recipe to your family's needs. Check back soon for my easy chicken casserole...again using my time-saving technique with Purdue chicken breasts. Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Pinterest & Facebook

Instagram @uhearditthroughthequiltvine

www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com


Here's all you need...

* 2 large chicken breasts ( cooked & shredded.)

* 1 can 10.5 Campbells cream of chicken soup

* 1 can 10oz. of Campbells cream of celery soup

*2 cups low-sodium chicken broth

* 1 can 15 oz. Del Monte Southwest corn w. Poblano & Red Peppers (do not drain)

* Pinch of dry crushed red peppers (opt but d'lish)

* 1/2 tsp. of garlic & onion powder

* 1 1/2 cups of wide egg noodles

Here's all you do...

* In a large stockpot...combine soup with 2 cups chicken broth...whisk until combined.

* Stir in southwest corn & crushed red peppers & garlic and onion powder or season as desired.

* Add in shredded  chicken and cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.

* Using one of your soup cans add about a cup of water to soup before adding noodles. This will help

 when noodles cook due to they absorb liquid

* Add in the noodles & cook until combined and noodles are tender.

Tip....add more broth or water as soup simmers if needed. Soup will thicken as it simmers.

Serves 2-4...if you freeze leftovers just make sure it cools down before freezing in a freezer friendly container. Don't forget to label & date...don't ask how I know :-)

Talk soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours