Saturday, March 16, 2024

Cats Series..."Braiser 2 Table"..."Irish Stew w/Golden Potatoes"

 Hey y'all...hope you're having a great weekend and getting ready for St. Patrick's Day. This holiday is dear to my heart. It was my dear dad's favorite. We are an Irish family, so he like to have traditional moments but silly ones as well. I remember one Holiday we're he pinched me, and I said "hey...I'm wearing green1" He just shrugged his head and snickered. That was my dad! Fun memories. Well even if you're not of Irish decent you'll want to make this super easy stew. I love my Cuisinart Braiser pan it's so convenient for cooking then serving straight to the table. Plus, as you can see in the pic below it makes a statement when entertaining. I will share an old secret with y'all. I purchase an inexpensive piece of chuck roast because I let the meat simmer for several hours which makes the meat tender. Yes, I'm sure you could do the same in a crock pot but.... would that really make a great "statement" when serving. You would have to use a serving dish and for me that's just another dish to wash. The other secret is I use one packet of "Lipton Onion Soup Mix." Yup...has all the basic seasonings and inexpensive too. It's one of my "pantry staples" and your home will smell amazing :-) I wish y'all a Happy St. Patrick's Day & check back soon for more of my mini-series..."Braiser 2 Table." Thanks so much for following!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)

Note:...If you need any sewing/crafting/quilting supplies my link to Missouri Star Quilt Co. (upper right on home page) will save you 20% off $50. or more until March 31st. to celebrate National Quilting Month!

P.S....Today is National Quilting Day! Enjoy :-)


Here's all you need...

* Sm. Chuck roast or your preferred cut of meat

* Sm bag of Honey Gold bite size potatoes (of course I had to throw in the "Gold for St.Patricks Day"

* Sm. bag of mini carrotts

* 1 pkg. of Lipton Onion Soup Mix

* Salt/Pepper if desired

* Pinch of Humor :-)

Here's all you do...

* Coat the bottom of your braiser pan with olive oil or cooking oil. 

* Season your meat w/salt & Pepper and lightly sear on both sides on low-medium heat.

* Mix soup mix with 2 cups of warm water.

* Add potatoes & carrots to pan and cover with soup liquid.

* Bring to a slight boil then reduce heat to low....cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender. 

Tip...you will need to add warm water as it cooks which also makes the wonderful broth :-)

When meat is tender remove from pan...lightly shred or slice and place back in center of pan.

Makes a great presentation when serving :-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours