Monday, February 12, 2024

Best Banana Bread..."Mix-up!"

 Hey y'all...hope you had a restful weekend.  Seems Mondays come faster every week. I used to get frustrated starting a new week but now I try to challenge myself and think what I can accomplish. Trust me...not bragging,,,it's a short list. :-) I've always been a 'list person." It brings me joy when I scratch something off my list and if I have a few things left then I just carry them to next week or sometimes just say 'oh well." I will say Mondays are a bit more exciting for me lately due to "At Home w/Misty". She does tutorials on Mondays which motivates me for the rest of the week. I'm trying to post some of her tutorials, but you can google her for any you might have missed. Missouri Star Quilt co. does great weekly tutorials & have almost everything you need for your sewing...crafting supplies. I'm blessed to be part of their affiliate team so my link on upper right of blog will save you 15% on mostly all items. I know for me any savings these days is awesome. Check out the fun projects happening on my quilt blog too. So, here's a funny...I love banana bread and have tried many recipes and made a few of my own. Recently a sweet neighbor dropped by with some banana bread. It looked so moist that I insisted on getting the recipe. She laughed and proceeded to tell me where you get it in the produce section. I thought weird...she just said she made this. Hmmm. Well, this delish banana bread recipe is a "mix." I couldn't believe. it. It is now a staple in my pantry. I will say it sells out quickly. You will find the mix usually by your "bananas." :-) Don;t laugh,,,I actually asked where it was located in the store. Anyway, if you want a easy one bowl mix this defiantly will bring you joy. The bread is made with wheat flour so check your dietary needs. I do add a bit more ingredients that I'm sure you already have on hand. You could add nuts too. I try to make it weekly then slice and freeze for individual servings. With this crazy weather there is nothing better than a cup of coffee and a slice of banana bread. Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from my Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on blog)


Here's all you need...

* 1 pkg. Chiquita Banana Bread Mix 

 With their stated ingredients of...

* 1 cup mashed bananas....approx. 2 over-ripe bananas

* 1 large egg (slighlty beaten)

* 1/3 c. water

I add...

* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

* 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

* Pinch of Humor (a must in the kitchen)

Here's all you do...

* Prepare & Bake as directed on Banana Bread Mix.

Enjoy!

Tip....ovens vary so check yours towards the last few minutes of baking time. 

I'll be trying a "hack" with this recipe soon so wish me luck!

Talk soon,

Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours