Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Cats "Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese"

 Hey y'all...hope your week is off to a great start. Today is a bit chilly but sunny in Florida. Days like today make me want a grilled sandwich but not just an ordinary grilled cheese. Today I'm sharing my favorite grilled cheese with you that I believe you'll make anytime of the year. It does seem that when it's cold or rainy we gravitate to soup and sandwiches. It's that classic comfort food that we all love and probably had as a child like me. As I'm a "bit older" I've broadened my "grilled cheese" taste buds. Don't get me wrong I still love the classic especially paired with a hot bowl of tomato soup. But this recipe combines my favorite. Yes...I'm saying it.... dunking the grilled cheese into the tomato soup. Right? Oh my gosh...fun memories :-) We'll let me tell ya... you will get that same feeling with my "Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese". But no need for the soup unless you want. I love this grilled cheese especially because I'm using my fresh basil & favorite melting cheese. Store bought pesto would work great too. This sandwich brings back memories as a child but totally comforts you as an adult. Sometimes with those crazy hectic days we just want a bit of comfort but still easy & maybe a bit healthi-r :-) You can add your favorite meat if desired but please try it meatless first. I do love to eat it with a few walnuts in place of chips. I'm not a "vegetarian" but I will say this grilled cheese sandwich will totally warm your heart. It does me anyway :-) Thanks so much for following and pop over to my quilt blog for an exciting project happening soon. Don't forget to check out the "daily deals" from Missouri Star Quilt Co. for all your sewing/crafting/quilting needs. My link (upper right) on home page will save you 15% on most products at checkout. Stay warm y'all & talk soon!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid partnership w/MSQC

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you need...

* Favorite bread for grilling

* Roma tomato (thinly sliced)

* Fresh basil leaves

* Slice of Gouda & Mozzarella cheese (or your favorite)

* Pinch of Humor :-)

Here's all you do...

* Heat a non-stick skillet to medium

* Butter bread evenly

* Place bread butter side down...add one slice of cheese...then layer sliced basil & sliced tomatoes.

* Top with another slice of cheese then sliced bread...butter side up

* Grill to your desired liking then flip over until all cheese is melted.

* Remove and serve with a few nuts...chips...soup or salad. 

Enjoy! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours