Friday, February 9, 2024

"Left-over Spaghetti Sauce w/a Twist!"

 Hey y'all...hope your week is going great. The weather is crazy, and I don't know about you but I'm still wanting comfort food. This morning it was foggy but in the 50"s and all I could think about was chili...or soup or anything hot. It's funny how the weather does predict what we make for dinner. Least in my crazy world. I had left-over spaghetti sauce recently but didn't want the same old thing. Sometimes I get in a rut and end up cooking the same things. Wouldn't it be nice to "ring a dinner bell" and everything would be done and all we had to do was sit at the table. Definitely a dream in my world. Well, the recipe I'm sharing with y'all is so easy that I almost decided not to share with y'all. Then I had to tell myself this might be what everyone is seeking...a 'change" with left-overs. Right? This would definitely be wonderful on those hectic dinner nights. I will say that when I make my spaghetti sauce, I do make a lot and freeze. Now instead of the same old spaghetti I do a "casserole" with the large stuff pasta shells. Don't laugh y'all...it actually looks "restaurant quality" when served. Perfect with a side salad or whatever your family desires. You can 'stuff" the shells with any cheese, but I did grated mozzarella in shells than as additional on top. I hope you give this one a try especially if you have kiddos. It's definitely a favorite in my house. Thanks so much for following and pop over to my quilt blog for some exciting projects that were recently posted. If you need any sewing/crafting supplies my link on upper right of home page will take you directly to Missouri Star Quilt co. where you can get a 15% discount at checkout. They have just about everything you need for all your sewing & crafting projects. Talk soon!

Blessed Cooking from my Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/ MSQC

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest


Here's all you do....

* Pre-heat oven to 350*

* Pre-cook past until al dente...drain & set aside to cool.

* Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray and coat bottom of dish with spaghetti sauce.

* Stuff each shell with your favorite cheese and layer in dish.


* Layer more sauce on top then grated cheese.

* Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes...remove foil then bake for additional 10m.

* Ovens vary so check to make sure the sauce is heated through. 

Tip...I like to place my dish on a baking sheet for easy removal from oven. Plus, it's safer :-)

This is a very filling dish so a side salad may be all you need to compliment the dish. 

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours