Saturday, January 11, 2020

HOMEMADE TREATS FOR YOUR "BEST-FRIEND"

Hey everyone....hope your weekend is going well. A bit chilly in Texas these days. I've been eating healthy-r and it made me realize that my four-legged dear friend might too. I have a sweet neighbor that has a border collie named Missy...she reminds me of the one I had years ago. She will run to me every time I'm outside for a dog treat. I don't have a dog anymore so she really makes my day! I was searching healthy dog treats recently and I did a minor twist on a fast and easy recipe. I had a blast making these and I thought what a fun time with your kiddos in the kitchen....baking treats for your family's "best-friend". They are very easy and "MISSY-APPROVED"....have to say,..."I had to test them too" :-)

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,
Cat
email q's....cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
Follow on Pinterest & Facebook
Quilt blog: www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com



Here's my twist....I added more peanut butter and a 1/4 cup less of the whole wheat flour then what original recipe called for...basically see what would be best for your pets digestive system.
Instead of using a rolling pin...I divided the dough in half and using a double hand palm method, starting in the middle, I smoothed dough into a flat 1/4 " thickness....rotating dough while doing so.
Note: use some flour on surface to help dough from sticking!


Here's all you need:
*1 3/4 -2 c. whole wheat flour
*1 c. quick cooking oats
*1/3-1/2 c peanut butter
* 1 1/4 c. hot water

Here's all you do:
Pre-heat oven to 350*
Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
Fold in peanut butter with the hot water. Blend well....dough will be sticky :-).
Knead dough well....add flour if needed if it's hard to handle.

Using my tip above....roll dough to 1/4' thickness & cut with a dog-bone shaped cookie cutter.
If you don't have a cookie cutter you could shape into flat round cookies or whatever you design :-)

Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for approximately 40 minutes (ovens vary)
Let cool completely (preferably over night but out of their reach) :-)

Store in airtight container....original recipe states you could freeze them up to 6 mos.
I put some in a container in pantry and then a few in freezer to test myself.

Most of all....have fun making these "fun treats" :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours