Saturday, May 13, 2023

Cats "Left-over Lovin' Quiche" 4 Mom!

 Hey y'all....hope your weekend is going well. It's Mother's Day weekend and for some of us our mothers are in heaven. I truly believe to celebrate their legacy by carrying on with their favorite dishes. We recently lost our "mom-in-law" and she loved it when I baked a quiche. Recently her son purchased "peppered turkey" by Boars-head and shared left-overs with us all. Oh my goodness...this Turley is perfect for my layered quiche. My recipe has a "no fail ingredient" that I was taught by my late dad. When dad retired, he became a chef so needless to say this recipe is extra special. This weekend we all love to cater to our moms...friends...loved ones but don't be afraid to use those leftovers. Trust me in this quiche nobody will know! I usually use ham with this recipe but I think my new love is the "Peppered Turkey" by Boars Head. Whatever you do this weekend take time for yourself. If you're like me and your family is miles away, then cherish the memories.... practice recipes so the next time you're all 2gether it will be perfect! Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram Facebook & Pinterest

Quilt blog: www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com


Here's all you need...

* One Pillsbury pie crust (thawed)

* 8 slices of "Peppered Turkey slices" by Boars Head ( 5 slices for crust-dice 3 for egg mixture)

* 4 extra-large eggs (Egg-lands Best)

* 1/4 cup light sour creme (shhhh...secret ingredient) helps quiche set up perfectly!

* 1/4 cup creme or low-fat milk

* 1/4 cup sharp grated cheese (finely shredded)

* 1/4 cup Italian style grated cheese (finely shredded)

* 1 Tb. mild hot sauce ( I love Taco Bell)

* 2 small, sweet peppers (red/green) for color diced

* 6-7 cherry tomatoes (cut in half) serrated knife works great

* 1 tsp (garlic powder)

* 1 tsp (white pepper)

Or season as desired.

Here's all you do...

Pre-heat oven to 425"

* Prepare pie crust in baking dish as desired ( I love Baker's joy cooking spray) ...

* Pinch around the edges (it has to look pretty) :-)

* using fork...poke a few holes on bottom of crust & sides

 ( I do this because of layering the turkey on crust)

* In large bowl whisk 2gether all ingredients except 5 turkey slices, tomatoes & peppers

* Layer pie crust as follows...

* Lay 5 turkey slices on top of pie crust with the "peppered edges" to the top


* Spread evenly your tomatoes and peppers

Tip: this is when I place my baking dish on a baking tray for easy/ safe access to the oven (trust me)

* Fill with your egg mixture


* Cover pie crust edges with aluminum foil or a pie crust shield 

Bake 30-35 minutes or until egg is cooked thoroughly (ovens vary)

Let cook as it will continue to set up!

Serve alongside a fruit salad or whatever your family desires!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours