Saturday, May 6, 2023

Cats "Texas Style Deviled Eggs"

 Hey everyone...hope y'all are having a great Saturday. I wanted to share my "Texas Style Deviled Eggs" with you in leu of "Cinco de' Mayo", weekend. Well for this Texas gal it's any weekend. I don't need to have a reason to make these yummy, deviled eggs They are a "staple" in my family during the Holiday's but would make a great dish for picknicks...potlucks etc. I do call them "Texas Deviled Eggs" due to the pickled jalapenos. I love pickled jalapenos...they are not as spicey and if you'd like you can just add some of the juice for a mild heat flavor. My grandson loves it when we make devilled eggs together. He loves these in the morning due to the ingredients they are kind of a "breakfast taco" without the tortilla. :-) Substitute any or the ingredients to your families' desires. Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram....Facebook & Pinterest

Quilt Blog: www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com


Here's all you need...

(For a dozen deviled eggs)

* 6 eggs boiled and peeled  (let cool)

* Cut eggs in half and remove yoke. Set halved eggs in platter.

* In a medium bowl...add following to yokes.

* 1/4 cup ranch dressing ( I use lite)

* 1/4 c grated cheddar cheese

* 14 c. Bacon Bits ;-)

* 1 Tb. mustard

* 1 tsp. white pepper

* 2 Tb. pickle relish

* 2 Tb. pickled jalapenos (or to taste)

Here's all you do...

* Mix the above ingredients until smooth. ( I use a potato smasher)

* Fill your egg halves as desired. 

Garnish with more bacon bits on top. You can't go wrong with this step! :-)

Tip....if you'd like your filling a bit creamier just add in some pickle juice.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Tip...I place a few toothpicks at random before covering with saran wrap. Keeps the plastic from sticking to the eggs.






No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours