Monday, May 29, 2023

Happy Memorial Day! ..."Bake/Cook Memories Forward!"

 Hey everyone....hope all is going great this Memorial Day! This was one of my dear dads favorite Holiday's. Growing up "Military", we all were taught to respect...honor and always be grateful to all those that served and are serving our Country. I know he's proud today in heaven seeing the wonderful ceremony at the Dallas memorial. My dad was also a great Chef. He taught me so many things...techniques in the kitchen but the one thing I regret most is not having his recipes written down. As we all know I've been working on my grandson's cookbook and I'm so thankful that he asked me to do this for him. Sometimes you don't realize how special a recipe is until a loved one passes, and you come across their "handwritten notes" in a cookbook or especially on a recipe card. I've also recently lost my Mom-in-law and inherited her recipe books. It's heart-warming when you see there "handwritten notes." I'm so thankful my grandson asked me to write the recipes...he said it would be more special. Wow. How sweet at such a young age to already have those thoughts. I have to totally agree. The pic below is just a few of her recipe books and special recipe notes that I've recently come across. I'm going to make some of her recipes that she must have liked by her little notes but hopefully make them a bit healthi-r ;-) I've truly enjoyed reading the cookbooks but sometimes have to laugh at all the ingredients that were used. It was definitely a time where a "stick of butter" was the "main ingredient." Ahh those were the days as they say! Well, I hope you have a "memorable" day & stay tuned for some fun summer recipes coming soon!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours