Friday, May 24, 2024

Suppers on the Porch..."Cats Brownie Cheesecake w/a Srawberry Drizzle!

 Hey y'all...it's finally Friday! I'm hoping y'all have a long weekend to rest...relax.& celebrate Memorial Day! This time of year is pretty exciting. We have graduation ceremonies...Memorial weekend festivities and it's the official kick-off to what am I going to make for these activities :-) So today I'm sharing with you a d'lish recipe that I'm sure will win folks of all ages. I love brownies...what child or adult doesn't. But when you combine the love of "cheesecake" with a brownie you have a match made in heaven. Oh course I had to get some "red" in w/a strawberry drizzle. You can definately just slice strawberry's if desired but with all the food alergies I like to play it safe. Plus a drizzle gives your guest involved. It's really fun to watch how they smile just by adding a drizzle onto a dessert. If y'all have noticed "I'm a bit crock-crazy." I love to bake and serve in the same dish. It's a time-saver plus less dishes to wash. I have 'crocks" from all sizes and will admit they are yard sale finds. I've collected them for many years and they do last forever. Plus it seems foods cook better in a crock. I guess it's like a cast iron pan where the heat is evenly distributed. Who knows...way beyond my smarts :-) I hope you give this recipe a try & make it the "centerpiece" of your holiday entertaining. It does have a few steps but also convenient because you make ahead & refridgerate over night. Less-stress for your holiday entertainig :-)  Don't forget to pop on over to my quilting blog for my series "America...Sew Beautiful" fun-ctional projects for home decor & entertaining. My link to Missouri Star Quilt Company will save you 20% off $50. or more for the month of May for sewing/crafting/quilting supplies. Check their tutorials out for inspiration plus daily deals too! I thank y'all so much for following & have a joyous Memorial weekend!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you need...

* Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix

* 2 eggs...2 Tb. water..1/2 c. vegetable oil

* 1 tsp. instant espresso powder (optional but enhances the chocolate flavor)

* 2 8 oz. pkgs. of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)

* 2 cups powdered sugar.

* 1 cup fresh strawberries

* 1 tsp. sugar

* Pinch of humor :-)

Here's all you do...

* Pre-heat oven to 350*

* Butter bottom & sides of crock or spray w/baking spray

* Place on a small baking sheet...set aside 

Tip...placing on a small baking sheet helps remove from oven safely...for me anyway :-)

* Prepare brownie mix per pkg. directions.

* add in 1 tsp.instant espresso powder. 

* Fill crock w/about 3/4 of batter.

* Prepate a small baking dish as above for the rest of the batter. (this is a great topping for kiddos)

* Bake  for about 15-20 minutes (check w/a toothpick) ovens vary.

* Remove and let completely cool.

Tip...once cooled wipe the crock edges clean w/a wet paper towel & run a knife around the edges to loosen brownie from sides before adding the cream cheese filling. Cleaner presentation :-) 

Cream Cheese Filling...

* Blend cream cheese...pwdered sugar until creamy.

* Spoon over cooled brownie.

* Cover & place in refridgerater over night.

Before serving...blend your strawberries w/a tsp.sugar and place in a serving dish.

 Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top or crumble extra brownies :-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours