Friday, August 20, 2021

"Cat's Texas Hash-Cakes"

 Hey everyone...hope your Friday is off to a great start. As promised....I'm sharing my "Texas Hash-Cakes." They had to be grand-son approved and needless to say I've only been here 2 weeks and they are already a "request" every morning from grand-son Davin. There is nothing that brings me more joy then to hear "Gege can you make your hash-cakes?" Maybe they should be called "Gege's Texas Hash-Cakes" :-) I was hesitant to share this recipe 'cause it's so easy but they are d'lish. You can change it up by using your favorite pancake mix....healthy side make with wheat or whatever you desire. Get creative....add cooked crumbled sausage or bacon crumbles to the hashbrowns then add your pancake mix on top. Hate to admit...may not ever eat a regular pancake again :-)  Endless possibilites with this recipe. I'll be testing some "additions" myself :-) Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

email q's cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

& www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com


Here's all you need...

Pancake mix ( I love Aunt Jemina Pancake mix....don't judge :-) I add vanilla & cinnamon 2 mix.

Hash Browns ( thawed)

Optional....cooked sausage....bacon....endless possibilities!

Here's all you do...

Mix pancake mix to your desired preference.....Heat a non-stick skillet and cook hash browns to your preference. Me it's all about the "crunch" 

Remove from skillet. Scoup about a 1/4 cup back into the pan & top with pancake mix covering well. 

Remember...this is "no-fuss-cooking" the more "rustic looking" the better :-)

Brown...Flip...Remove...Repeat....Eat...You're Welcome! ;-)

Tip....add cooked/crumbled sausage or bacon to the hashbrowns then top with your pancake mix.

Endless Possibilities!



No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours