Saturday, June 3, 2023

Hello Summer!..."Teach the kiddos 2 sew this summer"...Fun beach towel tutorial!

 Hey everyone...hope your summer is off to a great start. I "remember" the days of trying to come up with fun activities for my daughter. Oh my gosh...seems like yesterday! Now as a "Gege" I love seeing her creative ideas for my Grandson. I always planned a indoor activity due to never knowing how the weather would be in Texas. This fun & easy tutorial will definitely teach a child the basics of sewing plus I'm sure they will love showing off their "unique" towel by the pool. Phase 1 is on my quilt blog for the basic technique of making a "fold" to secure your towel to a chair or lounger. But I encourage you to check back for Phase 2 of a advanced technique of a "scrappy duo pockets." Yes....you'll be using your scraps...fun & easy sewing techniques & pockets to store your summer gadgets. I used 50 weight Aurifil thread for strength & scraps from Northcott (Banyan Batiks & glam by Patrick Lose). If you need supplies pop on over to Missouri quilt co. Great supplies for all your sewing and crafting needs. I purchased the beach towel for less than 6 bucks. What a fun & inexpensive gift to make as well. So grab your beach towel & kiddos and lets have some fun sewing 2gether this summer! Check back soon for some more easy healthi-r recipes too this summer. Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours.

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours