Friday, June 23, 2023

Cats "Banana Break-fast Bars!"

 Hey y'all....hope your Friday is off to a great start. I wanted to share this healthy break-fast bar with y'all. I know a lot of y'all have kiddos at home this summer and if you're like me you want them to have a healthy snack. Don't get me wrong you can definitely add some "chocolate chips" into the batter if desired. But I'm calling this my "banana break-fast bar" because it's a fast grab and go bar for those hectic mornings. Plus, I love it cause it's very healthy....all natural ingredients for my "weight loss journey." I will admit...I probably have the worst "sweet tooth." But here's a funny....I love banana bread but you probably won't see me just eating a banana by itself. I have no idea why and found out recently that my Grandson is the same way. He says his 'tongue tingles" so maybe he is allergic but for me it's the texture. He's helping me with making my recipes healthi-r so this one he probably won't try. I'll be seeing him soon so thank God I do have some other recipes for him to try! I love cooking and baking with him. He will definitely tell me the truth :-) This bar recipe is now my new "go to recipe" to have on hand. In fact, after they have cooled, I cut them into bars and place into bags. First, I place them in a "sandwich bag" them place a few into a "freezer bag" That way they are wrapped for on the go plus sandwich bags are cheaper than freezer bags. Every little bit helps...right? :-) Plus, I just keep a few in fridge at a time to keep them fresh :-) I will say that I did not use any flour or eggs. I also started the recipe on stovetop in a large non-stick pan then transferred to a baking dish. This might seem daunting but you're still only using a "pot" instead of a bowl to mix in. Plus whenever possible I love to use nuts, etc. from Nature's Eats. Great quality and they are based out of my love of "Texas Town Boerne". I hope you give these bars a try and tweak them as needed for your dietary needs. Thanks so much for following and check back soon for more tips & recipes. Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & Instagram

and www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com



Here's all you need...

* 1 Tb. Coconut Oil
* 1/2 c. Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
* 3 small ripe bananas "smashed"
* 2 Tb. Organic Agave in the Raw
* 3 cups Gluten Free 1 Minute Cooking Oats (add more or less depending on ripeness of bananas)
* 1/2 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp. organic ground nutmeg 
* 1/2 cup each of sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts & pumpkin seeds.
Note: adjust to your dietary needs.

Here's all you do...

* Preheat oven to 350*

* Prepare a baking dish by spraying with baking spray then line with parchment paper for easy removal.
Set aside.

* Peel and smash your bananas...set aside

Note: these next steps go fast when cooking on stove...so don't walk away :-)

* In a large non-stick pot...melt coconut oil with peanut butter using a heat safe spatula. 

* Stirring until all melted.

* Add agave...seasoning...blend together and remove off heat.

* Quickly add oats.... stirring until combined then fold in nuts until all incorporated.

* Spread evenly in prepared baking dish.

* Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Oven vary. Bars will set up more once cooled.

Enjoy the small...oh my gosh it does smell like banana bread :-)

* Once cooled...cut into bars of your desired size. Package and freeze to fit your family's needs.

Thanks for following and check back soon!
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours