Wednesday, June 14, 2023

"Harvest Cilantro"

 Hey everyone....hope your week is going well. I've recently started "container gardening." This is very new to me, I always had a garden spot that I truly enjoyed. Well with "temporary downsizing" comes changes in all aspects of life and gardening was one of them. I've realized they do take a bit more care when growing herbs and veggies in pots. The plus is I can enjoy my container garden while having my morning cup of coffee. You should try it...very relaxing :-) I still love a great farmer's market on Saturday! Always a great back-up & supporting the locals. Well, I've recently had some "cilantro" that I needed to pick and I didn't want to waste a bit. I love to freeze cilantro, but I thought why not make cilantro water and just pop out and thaw when needed. So I did! It's a bit of double duty. If you love cilantro, then you will definitely appreciate the aroma of cilantro when boiling. Win win in my book! Well keep following for more great tips this summer. I hope you have a chance to teach a child to cook this summer. I love when I'm able to be in the kitchen with my grandson. Memories that will last forever! Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram   Facebook & Pinterest

www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com


Here's all you do...

* Carefully rinse your cilantro if needed

* Boil cilantro in about 3-4 cups of water. Depending on the amount of cilantro & strength you prefer use less or more water.

* Boil for about 10-15 minutes then carefully strain over a glass bowl ( I use a Pyrex for easy pour)


* Let cool for a few minutes.

* Pour into ice cube trays and freeze


* Once frozen place in "freezer friendly bags"

Tip....I measured my ice cube trays with plain water to know the exact amount each cube would be.

Example....2 of my cubes = 1/4 cup of water.

This comes in handy when adding to a recipe exact liquid measurements.

Note: measure your ice cube tray....I've learned not all are the same :-)

Tip: I love to use "cilantro water" when making my Spanish rice.

Hey if you're a quilter...pop on over to my quilting blog. We're starting "Quilting Art" :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours