Wednesday, June 21, 2023

"Stock it Up w/ Cuisinart!"

 Hey y'all....hope your week is going great! I love sharing tips with y'all....especially if it's "money-saving-tips!' Last summer I had to purchase some new cooking pans. I was shocked with the pricing. Yes, it's been a while since I did. My Pioneer Woman set lasted over 5 yrs and that was wonderful. I cook a lot and knew it had to be a good investment. I've always loved Cuisinart cookware. Well one day while shopping at "Marshalls" I noticed Cuisinart cookware. Oh my gosh...my feet couldn't get me over to that shelf fast enough! I couldn't believe the savings! Needless to say I purchased the "braiser" and the "5.5 Stock Pot" as well. You do have to check with them periodically cause they do sell fast. Well, these are my go to pots and I use them so much that I just keep them on top of my stove. Ya know...Cuisinart decor! :-) I use the stock pot so much especially when I'm making Chicken broth. Due to my "dietary needs" & weight loss journey" buying a cooked rotisserie chicken has become my weekly staple in the kitchen. I love to "d-bone" it right away...easier when warm, & divide for recipes for the week, I freeze in freezer-friendly bags and thaw in fridge before using. This is so convenient and great tip if you're cooking for a small crowd or the only one that needs to shed a few pounds. Ugh! You can season your water if you wish but I just throw the old bird in the pot...cover it with water and once it's come to a boil, I then let it simmer on low for about 30 minutes. I buy the one that's already seasoned. I love this...the cooking is already done for me & I'm saving money buy making my own stock. I carefully strain it into a glass measuring bowl then once cooled I then pour into my canning jar and store in fridge. It's ready for when I add to recipes especially in my Spanish rice & Chicken soup.  You can't beat the natural flavors of chicken stock. What a fun way too if cooking w/the kiddos this summer. Healthy cooking and saving money. Well, I hope you give this a try if you're not already doing so & wish me luck on my weight-loss-journey! Grandson Davin is helping me and keeping me focused! Love it!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & Instagram

www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com






Check back soon for more fun tips! Have a fun & safe summer-week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours