Sunday, October 8, 2023

Cats Tip of the Day!..." Best friend in the Kitchen"

 Hey everyone...Sunday Blessings to y'all. I hope you're having a great weekend. I wanted to share a quick tip with you. We all know by now I'm "hacking" tips...recipes etc. in the kitchen. I'm all about saving time more than ever with my back issues. I love to make breads, but I will admit that I get a bit frustrated when it's getting brown on the edges but not quite done in the middle. So today I'm going to share a "old tip" with you from my late gram. She was always making homemade bread. Well, I didn't make mine totally from scratch, but it's made in my kitchen so it's homemade...right? :-) O.K....confession...I "hacked" another bread mix that I'll share soon. Anyway, she would use a clean towel and lay it over her bread to let the steam finish the baking when she removed it from the oven. She always did this and said it made the bread moister. I have to admit depending on what I'm baking I do this a lot. The weight of the towel keeps the steam in and usually just a few more minutes your bread is done in the middle. I do a couple more steps when I'm baking. I spray my pan with baking spray...line it with parchment paper for easy "lift out." The parchment paper also comes in handy if it needs more baking on inside. Once I remove from oven...I lay on a trivet...wrap the ends to the middle of parchment paper....lay a paper towel over then I lay a clean towel on top. The paper towel keeps my towel clean if there is any residue on loaf pan from the cooking spray. Also, don't forget the "toothpick" test :-) I'm sure we've all been taught that one :-) I called this tip "best friend in the kitchen" because I think of my gram every time, I use her tips. I'm from a long line of cooking/baking family and it's so sweet to remember their tips. I hope you enjoyed this tip and hope it comes in handy for you as well. Pass it on to your loved ones. A simple "Tip" does create special memories in the kitchen. Well wish me luck I have another eye surg this week. I thank y'all so much for following and check back soon for more recipes & tips. Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook....Pinterest

Instagram...ihearditthroughthequiltvine

Link on upper right to my "quilt blog"




No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours