Tuesday, October 31, 2023

"No Tricks w/this Appetizer!"

 Hey y'all...hope you're having a "spook-tacular" Halloween!. Celebrating this day is a bit different for me now but I still love doing some fun decorating and snacks. I usually decorate the kitchen a bit and change out my seasonal pillow to something Halloween-ish :-) I have a fun & easy pillow tutorial on my quilt blog were I 'hack" a kitchen towel. It's a bit late to make one for this year but you can totally use the same concept with any season. One thing I especially love is receiving everyone's pics of their costumes...candy etc. it brings back fun memories of my daughter dressing up. Well truth be told she still dresses up due to working as a school counselor. I always say..."you're never too old to enjoy life's simple moments1" Trust me as I've aged "gracefully" it's those special moments that keep "us" going. :-) Well, I wanted to share this fast but d'lish recipe with y'all. My time in the kitchen is a bit limited these days with my back issues, so I love a fast recipe that is also practical. When I get a "thumbs up" w/out asking it's a win-win in my book. Let me tell you the funny story of how this recipe developed. I was feeling a bit 'whoozy" on meds but dinner time was approaching. I should have gone grocery shopping earlier but didn't feel like it...I know we all go through it...so, I decided breakfast for dinner. I love the concept of breakfast for dinner but wasn't in the mood for eggs. I wanted pizza but not enough time. So, my brain went to a spin-off of my pizza bites that I love to make for snacks. Needless to say, I'm a true believer of having a jar of spaghetti sauce on hand. So, I started playing with biscuits for a "pizza pocket" idea. These "pizza pockets" were so easy and fast that I'm planning on making them anytime. I will say they would be great for an appetizer when entertaining....a great snack before 'trick-or-treating" or just when you're in a rush. You can totally add your favorite family's ingredients but just remember not to "stuff" them too much or they will seep out. Mine did a bit with the cheese but that was fine with me :-) Oh and definitely use 'parchment paper" on a baking sheet. This helps when stretching out the biscuits as well. I hope y'all enjoy this recipe and have a safe and wonderful "Trick or Treating" eve. 

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest...links on upper right of blog.


Here's all you need...

* Can of Pilsbury Butter Tastin' Bisquits (your desired amount)

* Jar of Classico Pizza Sauce Traditional Sweet Basil (reserve some for dipping)

* Pepperoni slices...I use Turkey :-)

* Grated Mozzarella cheese

* Dried Italian seasoning (opt)

* Pinch of garlic powder (opt)

Here's all you do...

* Preheat oven to temp on biscuit can.

* Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

* Carefully stretch each biscuit to about a 5" circular if possible. It gets a bit sticky :-)

* Spread about a tablespoon of spaghetti sauce over biscuit being careful of not getting on edges.

* Sprinkle a bit of Italian seasoning and garlic powder if desired.

* Layer pepperoni slices on one side (see pic)

* Sprinkle grated cheese over pepperoni slices.

* Carefully fold over biscuit to form a half-circle.

* Using your fingers...carefully crimp the edges to enclose the 'pocket."

* Carefully make a few slits on top.

* Garnish with some seasoning if desired.

* Bake as recommended on biscuit can or until golden in color. 

* Dip in spaghetti sauce and enjoy!

Note...Normally you would do a bit of an egg wash to secure edges, but I did not. I think the butter in the biscuit actually helped to keep edges together along with the crimping of edges. This would also be a great recipe to get the "kiddos" in the kitchen!

Enjoy & talk soon,

Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours