Saturday, February 15, 2020

"BE STILL MY HEART-GRANOLA"

Hey everyone....hope all is well and you had a wonderful "chocolate day." I was a bit down in my back but my "sweet neighbor" came by with "lemon curd filled cupcakes." Yes...that's what I said. Everyone should have a neighbor like her....they were very pretty and d'lish! If you know me, I'll be getting that recipe for us all to enjoy! Well this recipe is for my "sweet grandson Davin." Words can't express how proud I am of this young man. He has such an old sole and excels at everything he does. Definitely a product of his successful Mom & Dad!  He is currently playing Basketball so I wanted to come up with a fast and easy granola recipe that my daughter can make during her busy schedule as well. This is definitely a "heart friendly" granola for any child doing sports or after school snacking. I'm going to try and mail some to them this week to do a test of how long it stays fresh when mailing. This recipe is also healthy for us "older kiddos" that might be watching our sugar levels. I've used several of my favorite healthy ingredients but you can change it up to accommodate your family's taste buds. Perfect on yogurt...ice cream....whatever your "heart" desires. I called it "Be still my heart-granola" due to while I was baking it this morning, he text me a video of him scoring a huge play during his basketball game this morning. Oh my goodness, I can't always be at his games so it's so dear to my heart when he sends me a video...#bestmorning! :-)
Enjoy the smell while baking!

Blessed Cooking from my Home to Yours,
Cat
email q's...cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
Follow on Facebook & Pinterest
Quilt blog;  www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com

Here's all you need:

3 cups Quaker Oats Gluten Free quick 1-minute oats
1/2 c sliced almonds ( I love Nature's Eats almonds & walnuts)
1/2 c roughly chopped walnuts
1/2 c roughly chopped pistachios
1/4 c honey
1/2 c creamy peanut butter (I used Smuckers Natural Creamy peanut butter)
1 tsp. salt
1 Tb. unsalted butter

Here's all you do:

Pre-heat oven to 275*
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
In large bowl combine oats, almonds, walnuts & pistachios (or nuts or your choosing)
In a "microwave safe dish" combine honey, peanut butter salt & butter for about 15 seconds.
Stir until creamy.
Add to oats and blend well.
It will be a bit lumpy and you can combine with clean hands if desired (this would be the part your kiddos would enjoy :-)
Pour onto baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven...stir...and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and let completely cool before storing in an airtight container.
I store mine in a mason jar and keep in refrigerator.

Options...when completely cooled add some sugar free dark chocolate chips or candy of your choosing if you'd like to turn recipe into a "trail mix" and/or divide granola & do both!
This recipe also makes a great gift!




Products I use & love!

Creamed peanut butter, honey, butter & salt

Chopped almonds, walnuts & pistachios

Mixed ingredients 

Enjoy the smell while baking!







No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours