Wednesday, February 12, 2020

"CHOCOLATE COVERED VEGGIES....yes please!"

Hey everyone....hope all is well. We all know Valentine's Day is sneaking up on us and personally I feel everyday is Valentine's Day. I know...sounds corny….but this day puts too much pressure on people. If you just take the time throughout the year showing someone you care then on this day you can splurge on "chocolate" :-) I'm not much on flowers but chocolate and a sweet hand made card from my grandson is all I need. I'm still having to cut back on my sugar so Valentine's Day is a bit hard for me. I recently googled low carb chocolate recipes and I had to laugh....I came across chocolate covered veggies. Why didn't I think of that when my daughter was young. What a clever way to "tie in" some veggies on Valentine's Day. What a fun project to do with the kiddos as well. I had to try with a few of my veggies that I love....carrots, radishes and then for a salty kick....sliced almonds. Oh my goodness....yes...I realized that anything you can "dip in chocolate" is absolutely d'lish! Yes you can do the norm....chocolate covered strawberries...apples...bananas...kiwi...cherries...apricots and then for a salty kick, you have chocolate covered potato chips...pretzels...pickles...bacon and even jalapenos. Oh my gosh even cheese....can you say..."yes please" to all of the above. Not to put a dampen on your chocolate haven right now but the recipe below is actually made with sugar free Hershey candy. If you don't need to watch your sugar use what your "heart desires"...after all it's Valentine's Day! Enjoy!

Blessed Cooking from my Home to Yours,
Cat
email q's....cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
Follow on Facebook & Pinterest
quilt blog....www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com

Here's all you need...
Favorite veggies or fruits
Hershey's sugar free candy (or your choice)
Coconut oil

Here's all you do...
Wash and rinse your veggies or fruits (pat dry with paper towel)
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (hint...make sure your baking sheet fits in freezer...if not use a plate or a non stick paper plate)
Melt chocolate with a 1/4 tsp of coconut oil in a microwave safe dish on low in 10 sec interval's, stirring as you go until chocolate is melted.
Dip your veggies in chocolate and place on parchment lined baking sheet...
Place in refrigerator to harden (about 15 minutes)
Remove and place in airtight container and keep in refrigerator until you bag them up for your favorite Valentine or place on a sweet glass cake plate like I did.
Tip: I bought carrot chips, already sliced and good to go! The radishes were cut in half, then I cut each half again trying to get a piece of the "stem" to have something to hold on to :-)
Almonds were bought pre-sliced as well. Also I used one hand for picking fruit and one hand for dipping in chocolate. I used same bowl when needing to make more melted chocolate. Such a easy and fun project to do with kiddos and a great gift to give to a friend or loved one.
For the kiddos, I bought some X & O pretzels then drizzled melted chocolate and place in decorative bag if desired.
I guess in my "mind" it's a somewhat healthy Valentine's gift! :-)

Products I Love


Veggies I Love


Yum!


Healthy Edible Decor'

Sweet gift for kiddos







No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours