Wednesday, February 26, 2020

CAT'S ALMOND/HAZELNUT DROPS!

Hey everyone....well if you're like me the week is going too fast! Sometimes I can't believe it's already Wednesday due to just feeling like I just left church last Sunday. Time does fly too fast sometimes. Due to my "weight loss journey," I've twisted some of my old recipes that I'd like to call "healthi-r"...and who doesn't need an afternoon pick-me-up. These are great to make with kiddos...freezer friendly & just a great healthi-r snack to grab on the run. I keep mine in the fridge in a sealed container so they last longer. Ha! They can be addicting so be careful :-) They are called "drops" due to not being able to call them the traditional no-bake cookies.  I truly believe what makes these taste so sweet is that I "roast the almond flour" by Nature's Eats. That's right....roasting the almond flour enhances the nutty flavor in the flour. It only takes a few minutes and most of the time it's what your oven temp is usually needed for baking. Ovens vary....but I roast mine @ 350* for about 3-5 minutes, depending on the amount of flour I am roasting. You just line a cooking sheet with parchment paper....add your "almond flour by Nature's Eats & roast for 3-5 minutes stirring half way....definitely set your timer....does roast quickly. The smell is amazing and well worth the extra time!
Anyway, hope your week is going well. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers on my "weight loss journey."

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,
Cat
email q's...cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
Follow on Pinterest & Facebook
Quilt blog....www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com

CAT'S ALMOND/HAZELNUT DROPS!



Here's all you need...

1/2 c. "Roasted" almond flour by Nature's Eats
1 c. sliced almonds by Nature's Eats
2 1/2 c. Quaker gluten Free Quick 1-minute oats
3/4 c. Nutella hazelnut spread
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/4 c. organic coconut palm sugar (optional....if you need less sugar....omit 'cause you get enough
"sweetness" from your hazelnut spread & peanut butter.
1 TB. unsalted butter

Here's all you do...

Roast 1/2 c. almond flour per directions above.
In a large bowl, combine almonds & oats.
Fold in roasted almond flour & stir until combined.

In a non-stick pan ( I keep one just for baking) melt on medium heat the butter, milk & sugar. Stir until combined. This is a quick process.
Remove from heat & fold in hazel nut spread until well combined.
Mix into the dry ingredients.
Fold in creamy peanut butter

Drop by rounded spoonful onto a lined cookie sheet and "flash freeze" for about 10 minutes.
Remove....Serve on a cake plate or store in fridge for a "healhti-r snack"

Tip....I use "small parchment cups" to serve and store. Less mess :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours