Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Cats Christmas Countdown..."A Gift that keeps on Giving"

 Hey everyone...am I the only one that went into a "stress mode" at mignight last night. Oh my goodness...December first....I'm excited...stessed...and everything else that goes along with those words. I'm trying to think "out of the box" this year for my Christmas gifts. Normally I try to make most of my gifts but with my "unexpected trip", I'm still taking it a bit easy. I started thinking about how much everyone has been posting healthy recipes on the internet and those precious kiddos on baking shows and it really made me think..."a Cookbook." I know sounds simple but that's an old school classic that never goes out of style. It's a gift that keeps on giving no matter what age. I love it when my grandson looks through "photo albums." It's the same concept. We all search the internet but having that "hands on" classic moment of grabbing a cookbook and finding the perfect recipe is priceless. I love reading old recipes and reading how ingredients & instructions were so simple. Finding notes on the page of where maybe even grandma might have changed up the recipe a bit. We're all including me on a time crunch but sometimes the simple things in life are the best gift idea. Kiddos especially would love one that has an area in back where they can make notes and even post their own creation. Or even better...create one to give. I've done that in the past for my daughters wedding gift.  If you're in my "age zone" and grew up watching Julia Child then you totallty get where I'm going with this post. She was and still is in my heart one of the most Classic Chef's in the kitchen. She inspired me with my style of cooking and decor in the kitchen. Who doesn't love her classic pegboard on the wall for all your gadgets & not to mention her humor in the kitchen. No matter your style of baking & cooking there is so many cookbooks to choose from. Most are at a great gift price or better yet....Gift one forward. Make sure you date it 'cause who know how far that gift might travel. 

Remember what I alway's say...."the best ingredient is a pinch of humor" :-)

Blessed Cooking from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest



www.ihearditthroughthequilt-vine.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Sending you thanks and blessings from my home to yours